- Gift Shop
- Clay Studio
- Support Us
- About Us
A Celebration of the Arts: RiverArts Members’ Show
January 6-28, 2017
RiverArts Annual Members’ Show will open our 2017 year of exhibitions. All member artists are invited to submit work for this show. Open to all media and with no theme, the Members’ Show offers our artists the opportunity to exhibit some of their best work. A favorite of artists and viewers alike, the Members’ Show both celebrates and proves the variety and vibrancy of the arts in our community. January’s show is curated by Nora Carey. Submission guidelines and drop-off dates are shown below.
Dates and Guidelines
Drop-off dates for the January 2017 Members’ Show differ from usual drop-off dates because of New Year’s Day.
Monday, January 2: 1 pm to 5 pm (KidSPOT)
Tuesday, January 3: 10 10 am to 1 pm ( Main Gallery)
First Friday, January 6: 5 to 8 pm
Sunday, January 29, 1 – 3 pm
Monday, January 30, 10 am – 1 pm
Chestertown RiverArts Exhibit Submission Guidelines
- Art to be hung on walls should be dry and securely wired for hanging.
- Work must not have previously been shown locally in a Chestertown RiverArts sponsored event, and it should be work from the past two years.
- Art should be original. Reproductions of paintings or drawings such as giclees printed on canvas or paper are not accepted.
- Lithographs, etchings and other printmaking works of art should be created by the artist, numbered and signed.
- Photographic prints, digital and film, should be printed from the artists’ negative or digital file, ideally by or under the direction of the artist, and signed.
- Works on paper should be framed behind glass or plexiglass.
- Unframed works of fine art, e.g. paintings on canvas, are accepted if appropriately wired for hanging.
- Works of art requiring special or unusual display structures should be submitted along with the structure for display.
- Artists submitting work will be asked to sign a contract at the time of submission giving permission for the work to remain at the gallery until the end of the show unless special circumstances warrant otherwise.
- All work must be for sale- ie. no NFS
- A 35% commission is taken by RiverArts for all sales.
Artists pay hanging fees of $10 per piece of art.