- Gift Shop
- Clay Studio
- Support Us
- About Us
RiverArts Seeks Clay Studio Manager
RiverArts is seeking a part-time Clay Studio Manager to oversee all operations of the Clay Studio including developing classes and programming, maintaining the studio, supervising volunteers, and developing and administering the budget.
The Clay Studio is located at 204 High Street in Chestertown. A full job description can be found below.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is March 20.
Job Description: RiverArts Clay Studio Manager
- Possesses a working knowledge of basic pottery skills and techniques including glazes, and all studio equipment.
- Maintain a safe working environment in the studio and ensure that all equipment is operational.
- Purchase, order and receive clay, glaze, tools and other supplies.
- Dispose of waste in an environmentally appropriate manner in coordination with volunteers
- Coordinate planning with RiverArts Executive Director and oversee classes, workshops and activities for people of all ages and backgrounds so that they can explore their creativity with clay and produce clay works.
- Recruit new instructors for new and ongoing classes and workshops.
- Plan and coordinate open studios.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers to help with studio tasks and monitors to provide additional, higher-level assistance, specifically monitoring Open Studio.
- Summarize hours and tasks that volunteers have worked at the studio.
Administration and Reporting
- Provide monthly financial reports and operations summary to the Executive Director and the RACS Committee
- Submit a monthly work log with hours and tasks completed to the Executive Director.
- Organize, summarize and transfer to the RA Administrative Assistant all monies taken in for open studio, clay purchases and glazing/firing on a weekly basis.
- Other tasks as needed or requested by RA’s Executive Director.
- Develop and execute an annual marketing plan for the Clay Studio with the assistance of the RA Executive Director and the RACS Committee.
- RiverArts’ membership.
- Full access to the Clay Studio, equipment and classes free of charge.
- Complimentary invitations to RiverArts events and exhibits, waiving all entrance, hanging and annual participation fees (e.g., to sell in the gift shop).
- Professional development and networking opportunities as a leader in the regional arts community and manager of a significant art studio.