- Clay Studio Classes
- Talavera with Fredy Granillo
- High School Handbuilding – Sassi
- Sculpture in Clay – Fredy Granillo
- Handbuilding – Doug Sassi
- Colorful Clay Flowers – L. Sherry
- High School Beginning Pottery Wheel – Sassi
- Beginning & Continuing Pottery Wheel – Sassi
- 4-wk Advanced Potters’ Wheel – Schumann
- 4-wk Intro to the Pottery Wheel – Schumann
- Advanced Pottery Wheel (Fall) – Schumann
- Adv. Potters Wheel (Fall mornings) – Schumann
- Continuing Beginners Pottery (Fall) – Schumann
- Creative Lives Lecture Series
- Members Only Event – Hai-Ou Hou Lecture
- Introduction to iPhone Photography
- Members Only Event – Arts & Entertainment District Q&A
- Wine & Watercolor
- Watercolor & Acrylic – Skip Lawrence
- Knitting Basic Socks
- Clay Studio Classes
- Annual Events
- RiverFest 2015
- ArtsAlive! A Night in the Tropics
- Art of Stewardship Exhibition
- Earth Stewardship Days
- Paint the Town
- Art in Bloom
- Studio Tour
- Gift Shop
- Location & Hours
- What’s Going On at KidSPOT
- KidSPOT – About Us
- KidSPOT Scrapbook
- Clay Studio
- Support Us
- About Us
Fifty artists from all over the east coast arrive in Chestertown for four days of painting the historic streetscapes, colorful Farmers Market, beautiful Chester River, and surrounding rural landscapes of Kent County. The Sixth Annual Paint the Town, scheduled for April 23 to April 26, is the premier plein air event sponsored by RiverArts.
The Wet Paint Show and Sale on Saturday, April 25 at the RiverArts galleries is the culmination of the first three days of painting the Kent County area.
On Sunday, April 26, we host a Quick Draw competition, judged by Hai-Ou Hou, in Chestertown’s Fountain Park. Hou-Ou was born in Beijing where she received her B.F.A from Central Institute of Fine Art and Design. She earned her M.F.A. from Towson State University. She taught at the Hubei Fine Art Institute, China. She is currently owner and director of the Chesapeake Fine Art Studio.
Hai-Ou has developed a strong expressive style which she teaches at Chesapeake Fine Art Studio weekly.
Hai-Ou is a Signature Member of both the Mid-Atlantic Plein Air Painters’ Association and the American Impressionist Society. She is also a member of the Portrait Society of America and the Washington Society of Landscape Painters. Her work is widely represented in commercial galleries and is included in many public and private collections throughout the U.S. and abroad. She has received numerous awards and honors through participation in art events and exhibitions.
After the Quick Draw, visitors can stay in the park to enjoy the annual Taste of the Town where you can sample the flavors of local chefs, local food, local wine and beer from 12:00 to 3:00.