- Gift Shop
- Clay Studio
- Support Us
- About Us
RiverArts Executive Director Search
Chestertown RiverArts Board has announced a search for a new executive director. Located in the heart of the recently designated Chestertown Arts and Entertainment District, RiverArts is a large and growing nonprofit arts organization with a spacious gallery, a Clay Studio and a children’s creativity center. Chestertown is a small, rural community on the Chester River that boasts both a long and storied history and a vibrant arts community.
The Executive Director of RiverArts manages the day-to-day operations of the organization and partners with the board to attain strategic goals. He/she is proactive in exploring new programs, in cultivating new funding opportunities and in soliciting and maintaining active participation of volunteers. As the external face of the organization, the Executive Director brings energy and a passion for the arts and culture while advancing RiverArt’s vision, value and programming to the broader community.
- Manage overall operations of RiverArts, including overseeing the gallery and gift shop, KidSPOT, the Clay Studio, and other programs; supervising staff;
- Solicit and maintain active participation of volunteers, coordinate their efforts and recognition their contributions to RiverArts;
- Prioritize activities to meet organizational goals and responsibilities and organize and motivate people to accomplish these goals by providing clear direction and purpose;
- Maximize use of electronic applications, communication and social media;
- Ensure the financial stability of the organization by maximizing contributed and earned revenue and expanding the donor base;
- Effectively pursue strategic goals outlined in the RiverArts business plan in coordination with the Board.
Qualified applicants will be expected to have excellent inter-personal skills, proven management skills, exemplary written and oral communications skills, experience partnering with a board and volunteers to accomplish a mission, and a passion for the arts.
- A four-year undergraduate degree;
- At least 5 years of senior organizational leadership experience, including strong financial understanding and significant management responsibilities;
- Proven fundraising experience that has included solicitation of major gifts with a history of repeated success;
- Experience preparing and managing a significant annual budget in an environment of scarce resources;
- Experience reporting to and working closely with a volunteer board with an appreciation for the role of the board;
- Experience coordinating the efforts of volunteers on behalf of a mission;
- An understanding of image building, marketing, and external relations;
- A record of success in building and maintaining strong working relationships with internal (staff and board) and external stakeholders and constituents;
- Strong skills in electronic communications, applications and social media.
To apply, send an email with a cover letter detailing your qualifications, along with your resume, salary requirements and a minimum of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: January 15, 2016
RiverArts Gallery315 High Street Suite 106
Chestertown, MD 21620
Clay Studio204 High St Chestertown, MD 21620
RiverArts is supported by
Kent County Arts Council
Maryland State Arts Council