Call for Artists: Annual Holiday Show and Sale
The most successful sales event in the entire River Arts calendar is the annual Holiday Gift Sale. Some of you have been creating gift items throughout the year but there’s still plenty of time for new artists to participate.
The show will start with a preview for members on Thursday, November 21 and a public opening during the First Friday festivities on November 6. Items remain on sale in the gallery through the end of December.
RiverArts welcomes gift items in any medium. In the past, we have offered works in metal, gem stones, wood, fiber, ceramics, photography, oil, acrylic & pastel, and more. Painters, sculptors, knitters, weavers, potters, jewelers, carvers and quilters have made money and increased their exposure. While past experience has shown that items priced under $100 sell well, higher priced work is always welcome. Both gifts with a holiday theme and ‘any season’ do well. This is an art show as much as a sales opportunity—we always strive to show the high quality, fresh, and innovative work that our members are known for.
Popular items include local and seasonally themed items, children’s gifts, pet accessories, and gifts for men.
Here are the details:
- Artists must be current members of RiverArts.
- The $20 registration fee is waived for RiverArts Gift Shop artists.
- Work must be original and professionally presented.
- Work must be clearly identified, priced and registered. All items in the show may be purchased and removed by the buyer immediately.
- Artists may enter 3 large or 30 small items. All items must be dropped off during the designated times. We will contact you if we need you to replenish.
- Drop off work on Sunday, November 17 or Monday, November 18 and picked up on December 30 or 31.
- We encourage artists to attend opening events and volunteer as docents during the show. You are your best salesperson!
If you are new RiverArts artist, or know someone creative who might wish to join and participate, let us know now. The curator for this event, Lee Penninger will be happy to answer your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Curators: Lee Penninger and Sue Wright
Show Dates: November 21 – December 31, 2019
Members’ Preview Party: Thursday, November 21, 5- 8 pm
Opening Reception: Friday, December 6, 5-8 p.m
Drop-off: Sunday, November 17, 1 – 4 pm (KidSPOT)
Monday, November 18, 10am -1pm
Pick-up: Sunday, December 29, 1 pm – 4 pm
Monday, December 30, 10 am – 3 pm
Questions, Please email email@example.com
or call 410 778 6300