Call for Artists: Celebrating Art, Creativity, and Community
9th Annual RiverArts Members’ Show
As is our tradition since RiverArts’ formation in 2012, we dedicate a month to celebrating the work of our talented community of member artists. If you’re not already a member, it is not too late to join and participate in this show! Click here for membership information.
The Chestertown River Arts Gallery is anticipating the first show of 2020: the member’s show. As always, it is an open theme in which artists choose their own subject, medium, and format. You decide what to display and choose the voice by which you want to speak. Show us what has inspired you, what new medium has intrigued you, or what subject has moved you to create. Submit your best work. We look forward to each of your entries.
Please join us on First Friday, January 3rd, for our First Friday opening reception and for the Gallery Talk on Thursday, January 9th.
Open to All Media
Curator: Rob Manaraze
Our curator for the January Member’s show is Rob Manaraze. Rob has been actively involved with designing and creating art through a t-shirt screen printing business he started 34 years ago. Upon graduating from the Art Institute of Philadelphia, his love for the DelMarVa Peninsula brought him back to the area where he began his art career through screen printing. Currently, having downsized his business, he is exploring other mediums by which to create. Rob is enjoying his new artistic endeavor and is happy to show his work and be a part of the River Arts Gallery.
Exhibition Dates: January 2 – 25, 2019
Opening Reception: Friday, January 3, 5-8 p.m
Curators’ & Artists’ Talk: Thursday, January 9, 5:30 – 7 pm.
Drop-off: Sunday, December 29, 2 – 4 pm
Monday, December 30, 10am -1pm
Pick-up: Sunday, February 2, 2 – 4 pm
Monday, February 3, 10 am – 1 pm
Although online submission is not required, we highly encourage artists to pre-register using the online registration form below and payment.
- Upon submission of the entry form, (see below) you will be redirected to a payment page. Entries will not be accepted until payment is received.
- We ask that you upload your images to Dropbox. You will be redirected to the correct link once you have submitted your registration
Requirements for Art
- Art to be hung on walls should be dry and securely wired for hanging. Works on paper should be framed behind glass or plexiglass. Unframed works of fine art, e.g. paintings on canvas, are accepted if appropriately wired for hanging.
- Reproductions such as giclees are not accepted.
- Lithographs, etchings and other printmaking works of art should be created by the artist, numbered and signed.
- Photographic prints, digital and film, should be printed from the artists’ negative or digital file, ideally by or under the direction of the artist, and signed.
- Works of art requiring special or unusual display structures should be submitted along with the structure for display.
- Work should not have previously been shown in Chestertown.
- Artists submitting work will be asked to sign a contract at the time of submission giving permission for the work to remain at the gallery until the end of the show unless special circumstances warrant otherwise.
- All work must be for sale. A 35% commission is taken by RiverArts for all sales.
- Artists pay hanging fees of $10 per piece of art if a member and $20 per piece if not a member.
- Artists submitting work must pick up (or arrange with a friend to pick up) art at the end of the show during the checkout dates and times. RiverArts does not have adequate storage space to protect art.
- All work sent to RiverArts via USPS, UPS or another carrier must have a prepaid return label included.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-778-6300 with any questions.