In June, Chestertown RiverArts will travel down a new road to explore “The Journey.”
We all have been inspired by various journeys in our lives. Perhaps yours was a physical journey by car, plane, bike or boat, or on foot or in a saddle, that opened your eyes and rejuvenated your senses. Maybe you visited a place you had never been to before, discovering new lands, new languages and a world outside your own. Or perhaps you returned to a familiar place only to see it with fresh eyes after many years away.
A journey can also be a stage of emotional or spiritual growth, or growing older.
As artists, our journey is often an evolution to seek inspiration and creativity, by exploring new ideas, subjects, and mediums.
We invite you to share your journey with us!
Exhibition Dates: June 2 – July 1, 2017
Opening Reception: Friday, June 2, 5-8 pm
Online Submission Deadline: May 26, 2017
Drop-off: May 28, 2-4 pm and May 29, 10 am-1 pm
Pick-up: July 2, 1-3 pm andJuly 3, 10 am- 1 pm
ARTISTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO SUBMIT ONLINE
$20 fee per each non-member entry; $10 fee per each RiverArts member entry and all student entries.
Limit: Two artworks per artist.
- Upon submission of the entry form, you will be redirected to a payment page. Entries will not be accepted until payment is received.
- Digital image of artwork in jpeg format for each entry (4 MB maximum size allowed),submitted with Entry Form. Attached files should only be named with the titles of the artworks.
Requirements for Art
- Art to be hung on walls should be dry and securely wired for hanging. Works on paper should be framed behind glass or plexiglass. Unframed works of fine art, e.g. paintings on canvas, are accepted if appropriately wired for hanging.
- Reproductions such as giclees are not accepted.
- Lithographs, etchings and other printmaking works of art should be created by the artist, numbered and signed.
- Photographic prints, digital and film, should be printed from the artists’ negative or digital file, ideally by or under the direction of the artist, and signed.
- Works of art requiring special or unusual display structures should be submitted along with the structure for display.
- Work should not have previously been shown in Chestertown.
- Artists submitting work will be asked to sign a contract at the time of submission giving permission for the work to remain at the gallery until the end of the show unless special circumstances warrant otherwise.
- All work must be for sale. A 35% commission is taken by RiverArts for all sales.
- Artists pay hanging fees of $10 per piece of art if a member and $20 per piece if not a member.
- Artists submitting work must pick up (or arrange with a friend to pick up) art at the end of the show during the check out dates and times. RiverArts does not have storage space adequate to protect art.
The Journey Exhibition Submission:
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR THIS EXHIBIT