Executive Director: RIVERARTS, Chestertown, Maryland
The Executive Director of RiverArts manages the day-to-day operations of the organization, with the aid of two full time and 2 part time staff members, and supported by a cadre of volunteers. The Executive Director operates independently, and in close communication with the President of the Board of Directors. He/she initiates and sustains momentum independently and is proactive in seeking new opportunities and in cultivating new funding opportunities and grants. As the external face of the organization, the Executive Director brings energy and a passion for the arts and culture while communicating and advancing RiverArt’s vision, value and programming to the broader community. The Executive Director partners with the Board of Directors to attain strategic goals.
- Manage overall operations of RiverArts, including overseeing the gallery and gift shop, KidSPOT, the Clay Studio, Education Center and other programs; supervising staff; and soliciting and maintaining active participation with and recognition of volunteers;
- Ensure the financial stability of the organization by maximizing contributed and earned revenue and expanding the donor base; seek new and expanded grants and annually creating and managing the budget.
- Prioritize activities to meet organizational goals and responsibilities and organize and motivate people to accomplish these goals by providing clear direction and purpose;
- Maximize use of communications and social media; continually improve the image of RiverArts through marketing and building external relationships.
- Effectively pursue strategic goals outlined in the RiverArts business plan and strategic planin coordination with the Board.
Qualifications — Required:
The incumbent must possess a passion for the arts coupled with sound business acumen and technology skills. Qualified applicants will possess excellent inter-personal skills, proven management, fundraising and marketing skills, exemplary written and oral communications skills, and demonstrated ability to partner with the board and volunteers to accomplish RiverArts mission.
- A four-year undergraduate degree;
- At least 5 years of senior organizational leadership experience, including strong financial understanding and significant management responsibilities;
- Proven fundraising experience that has included solicitation of major gifts with a history of repeated success;
- Experience preparing and managing a significant annual budget in an environment of scarce resources;
- Experience reporting to and working closely with a volunteer board with an appreciation for the role of the board;
- An understanding of image building, marketing, and external relations;
- A record of success in building and maintaining strong working relationships with internal (staff and board) and external stakeholders and constituents;
- Strong communication skills.
Application Process: To apply, send an email with a cover letter detailing your qualifications, along with your resume, salary requirements and a minimum of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: June 30, 2019