Red! The color red brings to mind both images and emotions: hearts, fire, roses, love, anger, passion.
RiverArts invites artists to submit works that depict or are inspired by the color red.
Express your “red” in the February show at RiverArts.
Curator: Joan Strand
Joan Strand retired from Washington, D.C. to Chestertown in 2012. She began taking metalsmithing classes at the Delaware Art Museum, and remains an active participant in their program. Joan was one of the founding board members of RiverArts as well as its first treasurer. She exhibits jewelry, pottery, and botanical drawings in exhibitions at RiverArts and in her studio.
Opening Reception: February 7, 2020, 5-8pm
Gallery Talk: Thursday, February 13, 2020, at 6 pm
Drop-Off: Sunday, February 2, 2-4 PM
Monday, February 3, 10-1 PM
Pick-Up: Sunday, March 1, 2-4 PM
Monday, March 2, 10-1 PM
Although online submission is not required, we highly encourage artists to pre-register using the online registration form below and payment.
- Upon submission of the entry form, (see below) you will be redirected to a payment page. Entries will not be accepted until payment is received.
- We ask that you upload your images to Dropbox. You will be redirected to the correct link once you have submitted your registration
Requirements for Art
- Art to be hung on walls should be dry and securely wired for hanging. Works on paper should be framed behind glass or plexiglass. Unframed works of fine art, e.g. paintings on canvas, are accepted if appropriately wired for hanging.
- Reproductions such as giclees are not accepted.
- Lithographs, etchings and other printmaking works of art should be created by the artist, numbered and signed.
- Photographic prints, digital and film, should be printed from the artists’ negative or digital file, ideally by or under the direction of the artist, and signed.
- Works of art requiring special or unusual display structures should be submitted along with the structure for display.
- Work should not have previously been shown in Chestertown.
- Artists submitting work will be asked to sign a contract at the time of submission giving permission for the work to remain at the gallery until the end of the show unless special circumstances warrant otherwise.
- All work must be for sale. A 35% commission is taken by RiverArts for all sales.
- Artists pay hanging fees of $10 per piece of art if a member and $20 per piece if not a member.
- Artists submitting work must pick up (or arrange with a friend to pick up) art at the end of the show during the checkout dates and times. RiverArts does not have adequate storage space to protect art.
- All work sent to RiverArts via USPS, UPS or another carrier must have a prepaid return label included.