RiverArts Announces Call for Artists for
“Handmade in America” Fine Craft Show
RiverArts invites all artisans, local and beyond, to celebrate artful living by contributing their work to our second annual fine crafts show, opening September 2.
Curators Shelly Minch and William Brockschmidt seek to represent the best of regional and national American craft in quality and design. We challenge all participating artists to elevate their work beyond the rapidly disappearing line separating crafts from fine art. Interested participants are invited to submit new work in ceramics, stone, metal, jewelry, fiber arts, glass and wood, both small scale and large scale that reflects mastery of craft. Advanced established artists as well as up and coming beginners are encouraged to submit pieces for this month long exhibition.
Artists are strongly urged to pre-register on line – see form below. Limited to two entries. Fees per each entry are: $10 for members and $20 for non-members.
Gallery drop off dates for your work are:
Sunday, August 28, 1 pm to 3 pm,
Monday, August 29. 10 am to 1 pm
Pickup dates are:
Sunday, October 2, 1 pm to 3 pm
Monday, October 3, 10 am to 1 pm
Chestertown RiverArts Exhibit Submission Guidelines
- Art to be hung on walls should be dry and securely wired for hanging.
- Work must not have previously been shown locally in a Chestertown RiverArts sponsored event, and it should be work from the past two years.
- Art should be original. Reproductions of paintings or drawings such as giclees printed on canvas or paper are not accepted.
- Lithographs, etchings and other printmaking works of art should be created by the artist, numbered and signed.
- Photographic prints, digital and film, should be printed from the artists’ negative or digital file, ideally by or under the direction of the artist, and signed.
- Works on paper should be framed behind glass or plexiglass.
- Unframed works of fine art, e.g. paintings on canvas, are accepted if appropriately wired for hanging.
- Works of art requiring special or unusual display structures should be submitted along with the structure for display.
- Artists submitting work will be asked to sign a contract at the time of submission giving permission for the work to remain at the gallery until the end of the show unless special circumstances warrant otherwise.
- All work must be for sale.
- A 35% commission is taken by RiverArts for all sales.
- Artists pay hanging fees of $10 per piece of art if a member and $20 per piece if not a member.
- Artists submitting work must pick up (or arrange with a friend to pick up) art at the end of the show during the check out dates and times. RiverArts does not have storage space adequate to protects art. All work sent to RiverArts via USPS, UPS or another carrier must have a return label included.