KidSPOT at RiverArts Seeks After School Enrichment Program Coordinator
Chestertown RiverArts is seeking a Program Coordinator/Lead Teacher for the winter 2020 session of our After School Enrichment Program. The After School Program serves children in grades 1 through 5 and is a key component of our KidSPOT activities. The program runs four days each week for 8 weeks in the winter/spring of the school year, with a one week break halfway through the session.
The After School Enrichment Program Coordinator plans and organizes the program in advance of the session, and serves as Lead Teacher on program days. Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Planning the program’s daily and weekly activities supporting STEAM concepts
- Scheduling weekly teaching days for guest teachers
- Seeking out and scheduling volunteers
- Coordinating enrollment
- Assisting with marketing and promotion
- Working with the elementary school counselor to award need-based financial aid
- Ordering supplies and preparing lesson materials
- Communicating with parents via email, text, and telephone
- Communicating with the school office on each program day via email
- Planning and shopping for snacks
- Keeping records of attendance, volunteer hours, teachers’ paid hours, and other data.
Each day of the session, the Program Coordinator picks children up at Garnet Elementary School and walks with them to KidSPOT, provides and supervises a snack and open ended activities, presents and engages in the exploration of the day, supervises clean up and pickup time, and leaving the KidSPOT space in an organized and tidy state each day, putting away materials and supplies so that the room is ready for the following day.
Classroom teaching experience is required, along with flexibility, logistical and organizational skills, creativity, enthusiasm, excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfort with all modes of communication technology (telephone, email, text, and messenger services), and a commitment to supporting and promoting KidSPOT’s core belief that encouraging creativity in children sparks dialogue and problem solving, and empowers young people to engage as valued members of our diverse community.
Interested candidates may send a resume, cover letter, and references to RiverArts Executive Director Maria Wood, at MariaWood@ChestertownRiverArts.org.