PROGRAMMING & VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR POSITION
Chestertown RiverArts is in search of a programming coordinator to manage their ArtsAlive! Education Center adult workshops, classes, oversee exhibits and associated events. RiverArts is a large and growing nonprofit arts organization with a spacious gallery, a Clay Studio, a children’s creativity center, (KidSPOT), and the newest addition, the ArtsAlive! Education Center. Resumes should be sent by October 1 to the RiverArts Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
The ideal candidate is someone that can handle multiple priorities and enjoys working with the public. Schedule may be flexible, but candidate must be available to work weekends and weeknights as needed.
Under direction of the Executive Director, Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Day-to-day operation of the Adult Education Programming, including various aspects of customer service, organization, data entry, and planning necessary for program implementation.
- Oversee Gallery Exhibition openings and related events.
Responsibilities and Duties
In coordination with the Education Chair and Executive Director, develop and manage a varied curriculum of Adult Programming within the context of RiverArts’ mission, strategic goals and priorities.
- Manage Adult Programming details including class promotion registration, classroom setup and breakdown as well as data entry.
- Provide pre-and post-class and workshop financial reports to leadership.
- Manage Gallery Exhibitions in coordination with Exhibit Chairs, including assisting curators,
overseeing exhibit registration, drop off, hanging and pick up of work.
Coordination of Volunteers
- Ensure specific instructions and information available for event, exhibition, and classes, as well as appropriate contact information.
- Develop volunteer training schedule
- Develop strategies to celebrate & honor volunteers- and attract new ones
Programming and Volunteer Coordinator Job Summary
- Assist Executive Director when needed as a liaison for all special event Chairs, Committees, colleagues, and volunteers.
- At each event, manage and/or assist Executive Director and Committee Chairs
- Coordinate with Executive Director and Marketing Committee to implement a strategic and dynamic marketing plan for Adult Programs and special events geared to diverse audiences.
Assist in writing marketing copy for both print and digital event promotions.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the Galleries, KidSPOT, Clay Studio and ArtsAlive! Education Center, including Board Members and other volunteers.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously; provide volunteer coordination and direction, and recognition for special events, in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing exhibition/event schedules.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required for all events.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Outstanding team player approach to working with a diverse group of individuals.
- Experience managing volunteers of all levels.
- Excellent problem-solving skills needed.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism,
attention to detail imperative; high energy, flexibility, discretion and sound judgment required.
- Ease with use of Microsoft Office, (Constant Contact experience preferred.)
- Familiarity with WordPress not essential, but preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. To apply, send an email with a cover letter detailing your qualifications, along with your resume by October 1 to RiverArts’ Executive Director: AndyGoddard@ChestertownRiverArts.org